LORROS Discussions capture and contain group communication in an easy to use format which is similar to email in that any group member may start a discussion and past discussions can be keyword searched.
However, there are some clear advantages to Discussions, over normal email (see table):
- Discussions have an end date, so threads don’t go on forever.
- You receive email alerts about new topics and comments, and yet you can mute the alerts at any time.
- LORROS automatically archives and indexes Discussions, so you don’t have to sort threads into folders.
- All group members can take part (while in email you can accidentally leave someone off the list).
- Discussions eliminate the risk of broken threads when a group member forgets to “Reply to All”.
- LORROS Discussions reduce the risk of accidental forwards of confidential information.