LORROS Discussions capture and contain group information in an easy to use format.
And, can be used in very much the same way as group email. LORROS Discussions allows
- any group member to start a discussion;
- keyword searching for past discussions.
However, there are some clear advantages to discussions, over normal email (see table):
- Discussions have an end date, so threads don’t go on forever.
- You receive email alerts about new topics and comments, and yet you can mute the alerts at any time.
- LORROS automatically archives and indexes Discussions, so you don’t have to sort threads into folders.
- All group members can take part (while in email you can accidentally leave someone off the list).
- Eliminates the risk of broken threads when a group member forgets to “Reply to All”.
- LORROS Discussions reduces the risk of accidental forwards of confidential information.